I’ve gotten a few suggestions from readers about posts, including “Hey, why aren’t you telling us more about your day-to-day?”
So, I’m starting a weekly recap in response to that. Woohoo!
Big Things That Happened This Week
- I rejected a job as a full-time Content Strategist on Sunday to own life. Then was elated on Monday to see that they were interested in me as a freelancer, so I tried to work the original job into a freelance gig (with more benefits for them in the long run). On Tuesday, they decided not to let me do the original job as a freelancer. Instead, they are going to keep me as a contact for future gigs. It’s was an emotional roller coaster and I’m glad to be over it.
- With that said, I’ve got a lot of new projects happening right now. The craziest this week involves grading lessons that teachers sell on a web site based in the UK. I am currently winning the contest for most graded and the deadline to finish is Sunday. Let’s just say I’m learning more about math than I really needed to know due to my need for holiday cash.
- It’s seriously committing to colder weather here and I am evidently not evolutionarily equipped to deal with that mess. I used to walk to the bus stop in February in a hoodie in the frigid Appalachian mountain climate. I’ve gone soft.
- This fall is better for me than last in regards to me letting my plants do their yearly die and come back routine. Last year, I wanted all of them to live inside the whole time. This year, I learned from last and know that some plants just can’t hang. Lemon verbena is just going to (literally) lose its shit (leaves) and I can’t do anything to fix that. So, everyone that goes dormant, or can go dormant, is heading to the porch. I’m hoping I can keep a few in the house, if only to clean the air.
- Our trip to The Wizarding World of Harry Potter is quickly approaching and I can’t even right now.
What are some big things that happened for you this week? Let me know in the comments!