I am ready for fall now.
Starting Weight: 186 lbs.
Last Weigh-in: 160 lbs.
This Weigh-in: 158.5 lbs.
Reality: Remember last March when I said I was restarting? Yeah. I posted that and promptly fell off that wagon. Because that’s what I’m doing in the first half of 2017. I’m not super proud.
To put it into perspective, by August of 2015, I weighed around 148. This August, if I stay on this path, I’m hanging out at 158. It’s just not what I want for myself. Can we go back to 2015 patterns? Can I go on that pneumonia diet again?
What Went Right: Mike and I joined a gym. I kicked and screamed, then went anyway. Since then, I’ve been actually enjoying it. I miss Marshall’s gym a lot, and thankfully, this one is kind of like it. I also signed up for a Virtual Race. That keeps me accountable because I can’t wear a t-shirt for a race I didn’t run and feel good about it. Ha! Because of this, I ran my fastest 5k ever. So that’s pretty darn good.
- Hit 150-152 by September 15th. This is one of my more aggressive goals for weight loss. I’ve lost more than that just in two months, but it doesn’t mean that it will be easy. But I’m gonna try.
- Continue going to the gym. At least 2-3 times a week.
- Yoga 2-3 times a week to keep from being a bunched up mass.
- Try the sauna again. Even though it scared the shit out of me. Dark, small, horribly hot room? I’m not a fan, at all. I started having irrational “gonna die in here” thoughts immediately. But I’ll give it another go.
Are you on a weight loss journey? What is your most recent success?
Long exposures and campfires.
I had a minor freak out at work this morning, but let me preface that I am weepy, hormonal, and overworked. I’m not really handling life well, lately. In fact, writing a blog post is a small step in me taking more time for self care — something I desperately need.
So. My minor freak out.
I’ve re-picked up my project to post all about our trip to the UK (very belated, I know). Today, I had planned to sort through the pictures as a catharsis between copy-editing. Except, when I opened up my old computer, I couldn’t find those pictures anywhere. Same with my old external drive.
Same with my new external drive…
I was scheduled to have lunch with old friends from camp and I spent the drive to lunch crying on the phone to Mom. I seriously couldn’t believe that I lost those. I neglected them and once they were gone or corrupted, there was no getting them back. It felt like I’d lost part of my memories and a really good part of my relationship.
Mom did that thing where she is sorry, but quite calm and rational while I am whimpering on the other side of the phone to her. Mom — I want to be you when I grow up. By literally saying nothing, you have an innate ability to calm me down. Please accept my undying gratitude as a late Mother’s Day gift.
I tried very hard not to go through most of lunch as the designated Party Pooper. For reference, I got cheerful because my friends are awesome and I’d like to think I’m not that much of a jerk.
I had calmed down enough by the time I got back to work for some rational thinking. You obviously know where this leads — I found all of the pictures, mislabeled and dated for April of this year. Thanks, Apple.
What am I saying with this post? Realize what is important and treat it like the priceless thing that it is. That advice doesn’t just apply to pictures.
I wrote a painstakingly huge blog post for work on herbal tea for health. Instead of posting the whole thing on this blog, you can find it here.
I’ve been working for a wellness company for a year and a half. Obviously, work life has bled into my regular life. I’ve been experimenting with elimination diets over my time at work and have seen some interesting results. Most of all? I figured out that dairy, and probably caffeine, are having a serious effect on my face.
I quit getting my daily coffee for two weeks and suddenly my face was clear for the first time in, oh, 15 YEARS.
I’m back on the coffee train this week, with one small switch. I’m using almond milk instead of 2% milk. Even then, I think the almond milk isn’t that great for me, since my mouth itches when I drink it. I’m going to try to find a better solution that doesn’t make me tired and ravenous, yet also doesn’t cover my face in allergic reaction boils. Let me know if you’ve found a happy medium.
Some other fun things I’ve learned:
- Milk makes me feel sick to my stomach, on top of the acne.
- Some cheeses are still fine. I’m still wading through that.
- Eggs and Hellman’s mayonnaise give me a headache about an hour after I eat them.
- Coffee is part of the reason why I have IBS. ❤
- When I’m not drinking coffee, I have a terrifying appetite.
- Almond milk, bananas, strawberries, wheat products, and chamomile tea make my mouth itch like crazy.
- Too much gluten makes me look a little pregnant. I can still eat normal human servings, though.
What are you eating these days? Let me know in the comments!