Big Things That Happened This Week
- If you haven’t heard from me lately, it’s not you — it’s me. For my birthday, I decided that I’d turn off the notifications on my phone for all social media streams. Yep. Facebook, FB Messenger, and Twitter. Life is so much more peaceful without my phone nagging me constantly. Since I work with social media, it’s nice to have a break from it after hours.
- I went home for Christmas and had a fantastic time. That boyfriend fellow came, too, and dealt very well with the constant puns and insults my family (good-naturedly) throws at each other.
- I also got a Ron from Tudor’s Biscuit World (a WV Treasure) and have decided to start my own franchise in order to be able to feast upon such deliciousness every day. Seriously. Look at that melty goodness. I would be 100 lbs. larger had I stayed in my home state.
- We stopped on the way home to take pictures at Pilot Mountain. More of those pictures later!
- My sister had puppies. Or, rather, her dog did. If you want a puppy by Valentine’s day and are in NC *or* WV (or anywhere within reasonable driving distance), I will gladly deliver one to you. They are cute lab mixes and will probably be on the smaller side of the lab spectrum. These are soft and cuddly and perfect. If you take a puppy, it means I don’t have to. We all know I shouldn’t be responsible for the well-being of any creature. </end puppy advert>
- Everything is blooming. I’m worried that the next frost is going to murder all of my plants.
Oh, and here’s some more Christmas:
Happy New Year!