I’ve been having millions of ideas for blog posts lately. So, why haven’t I been posting? Well, all of these ideas are hugely time-sucking and I don’t have a lot of extra time right now. I’ll post more soon. Promise. 😉
Until then, here are some snippets of what life looks like for me right now:
- I am horrible at remembering anything. So many good memories have recently been brought to my attention and I decided to be proactive about it. Now, I have a section dedicated to the past ten years in my giant life journal of mass mental excretions. I’ve organized it by life events, friends and loved ones, and hilarious/sentimental quotes. Thank you, Facebook, for keeping record of most of that. You’d think that traveling back that far would be awkward or embarrassing, but mostly I’m just filled with love seeing how people have interacted with me and my little life. I’ve had some great experiences and I’m glad I’ve written a lot of it down.
- Last week saw me going through post-contract funk. It was not the greatest, but I’m better now. More on that later.
- It occurred to me that I never dream of my cell phone. Ever. I’m grateful for that. Yet, it’s always on my person. Today I’m experimenting with turning it off/keeping it in another room while I’m trying to work. So far, so good. It’s a lot quieter here, both inside and outside of my head.
- Fall is here. I turn on the heat whenever I’m alone in the apartment. Sorry, Mike.
- I am in a total running funk. I know the only way to get out of it is to just go and do it, but I keep making excuses. It’s too cold (not legit), it’s raining (still kinda paranoid about pneumonia relapse), my shoes don’t fit (okay, that’s pretty legit). I just have to keep telling myself to go do the thing.
- It’s time to bring the plants inside and I don’t quite know where to put them. When I lived alone, it was easy. I’d just put them wherever there was space. Now that I share space with another human, I’d like to consider his preferences, too. I think they’ll mostly be confined to my room and my bathroom. We shall see.
What’s going on with you lately? Tell me about it.