I was nominated for the Liebster Award by my friend, Jenny, at Mish Mosh Makeup! Her blog is all about makeup products and reviews. She’s got great style and really makes the whole world of cosmetics a lot more accessible for both professionals and people like me, who have no idea what they are doing. GO THERE RIGHT NOW!
Here are the rules
1. Link back to the person that nominated you.
2. Answer questions given by the nominator.
3. Nominate 11 other bloggers with less than 200 followers.
4. Create 11 questions for the nominees.
5. Notify all nominees via social media/blogs.
1. Which blog would you say you can’t go a single day without viewing?
Do I have to pick just one? Two of my favorite bloggers are Tina from Carrots ‘n’ Cake and Erica from Erica House. They post almost every day, so I don’t have too much suspense between postings. Both blogs are fitness blogs, which is interesting because mine is definitely not. But they are marvelous and you should check them out.
2. If you were given a day off from your everyday responsibilities, how would you spend it?
I would garden hard. Then I would go on a long run. Then I would bake something. I would take a huge nap. Then I would eat ALL THE THINGS.
3. What’s the one thing on your bucket list you’d be really disappointed about if you never got to do it?
I’d really like to go to Europe. How generic is that? I’d be pretty disappointed if I never go, though, so it counts. Scotland, England, Ireland, Germany, and Italy are my top 5.
4. What is your most bizarre pet peeve? (I’ll tell you mine- the sound of bare feet on carpet!)
The dishwasher MUST be arranged according to my specifications. I can blame my father for this, because he is the exact same way. If it isn’t correct, I will go behind the offender and change it. Dad and I have had extended debates on this subject. I also HATE wearing socks. It’s awful. I only wear them if I am running or cold. If I am cold and have giant wool socks on, then I am the opposite and quite like them. Modern shoes do not accommodate this magic, though.
5. What’s the most-awkward-to-explain thing you’ve been caught doing?
I could answer this question with 75% of my life story. I am the queen of awkward. How about the time Rachel and I got caught walking along the beams of the bridge in our hometown (it was only about 20 ft. high)? Or the time I lived in my van for two weeks? Or the time I had to explain to my boss why one of my campers almost broke his neck after diving into a shallow pool of rocks that everyone else had just peed in…?
6. What is a habit you are proud of breaking?
Eating for the fun of it/for emotional reasons. That’s why I’ve lost so much weight this year. I am beyond proud of this.
7. What is the last book you read that you loved?
I’m still pretty addicted to the Outlander series, but I’ve been interspersing it with YA. That said, since I started Outlander last year, I’ve not read anything particularly spectacular since. I think my standards went up, which is probably unfortunate. WOMP.
8. What do you love most about blogging?
I love the community and interacting with people from all over. I love getting ideas from other people and advice on how to make things easier. I pin a lot of things I find from blogs and it’s made my life so much easier already. Pretty generic answer, but that’s it.
9. What do you enjoy most about winter and upcoming holidays?
Cozy things! Blankets, chai, warm socks (see pet peeve question above). SNOW. I miss snow and I wished for it so hard last year that Raleigh saw a lot of it. Not sorry.
10. What is your dream vacation?
See number 3.
11. Would you rather win the powerball lottery or be offered your dream job?
Dream job. As much as I love being lazy, I need work or my self-confidence is shot and I turn into an absolute sloth. And I need it right now.
Now, to nominate!
Anna @ http://annaintechnicolor.wordpress.com
Kathleen @ http://kapachino.info
Megan @ http://appalachiantrailgirl.com
Kate @ http://www.beakupcrafts.co.uk
Laura @ http://bighouselittleprairie.com
Jen @ http://www.pearlsandpolitics.com
Courtney @ http://bemorewithless.com
Kayla @ http://mountain-gypsy.com
Vanessa @ http://sewsmitten.wordpress.com
Leslie @ http://thecraftysideofsarcasm.com
Maryam @ http://www.hi-and-hello.com
My questions for you ladies:
1. What is your favorite food in the world?
2. If you could choose between safety or adventure, which would you choose?
3. What is your favorite book of all time?
4. Do you run hot or cold, and does it cause trouble with your significant others?
5. Are you currently on a weight loss journey? How are you doing?
6. What is your favorite DIY ever?
7. Do you have a go-to recipe for the holidays? Care to share it?
8. What talent do you have that you are most proud of?
9. What has been your favorite adventure that you’ve had up to this point?
10. Would you rather live in the city or the country? Why?
11. What is your favorite beverage of all time (alcoholic or not)?
Post these whenever you feel! To finish, I’ll leave you with a picture from yesterday’s frost.