+ My partner in crime has been working really hard to get us completely awesome camera equipment for our upcoming events. This guy knows how to find a great deal. We had one day where we spent $600 for a camera, a lens, and a bag worth over $1000. All from separate places. I want to take him to yard sales. He’s a genius.
– Since I don’t have enough computers in my room, I keep having to send students up to the media center. Today, I had to send four of ten (two of which were brand new to class and had no idea what was going on) up there. I spent all of second period running up and down the stairs trying to get everyone settled. Thank goodness I have little angels during that class and they didn’t trip me or break things after I left. But really, this is a computer-based class. Get with it, school!
+ I burned around 300 calories running back and forth. Bonus!
+ Thankfully, I totally made up for the lack of productivity in second period during third. I drove home, re-installed the fire alarm that was going off last night, figured out a self-watering system for the plants when I leave for Hawaii (storage tubs full of water!), grabbed items I need to return, threw the towels in the dryer, ordered a dress online (discounted Modcloth!), grabbed the mail, and got a salad at Kroger.
– I’ve not gotten to eat the salad yet.
+ People at this school are starting to act like I am a permanent fixture here. NICE!
– It’s getting to the point in the season that I realize some of my plants are about to go dormant. BOO!
– Had to cancel a camping trip because I forgot I registered for The Color Run in Oct. Looks like no more camping for me this year.
+ We still get to go to the activity scheduled for that Sunday — Touring the Land of OZ theme park in western NC. I am ridiculously excited about this. It’s an abandoned theme park that opens a few times a year to host visits. We are going for the creepy factor!
+ On Oct. 18th, we are going with a group to Howl-O-Scream! Last year was particularly notorious for me running from a pirate, while my friends fed him my name and address, and knocking over an innocent woman/her hula hoop.
Extra: I think I might beg that guy to take me to Colonial Williamsburg for my birthday. Because damn, it’s beautiful.
* The pluses and minuses denote pros and cons, in case you didn’t get that right away.
** The moment I published this coincides with the moment I finished the salad.