I avoided posting over the summer because I wanted to work on distancing myself from technology. It worked for the most part. Since I knew that Fall would bring more online time and procrastination, I figured it was okay to skip the summer months. What did I do that whole time?
– I walked. And ran. And ran. I finally found my passion for running again. Some days I would run three miles and ache for more. Other days, I would just decide that it was best to walk a lot. I logged more miles on Runkeeper this summer than I have in a long time. This caused me to finally break through my weight plateau. Yessssss.
– I played with plants for several hours every day. My neighbors would walk by and ogle at all of the pots on my porch, with me covered in dirt/waving maniacally at them. I also battled a rampant fungus. I may have to break down and buy a fungicide, against my better judgement. I had a resident toad who would not stay out of my dirt. I got some hummingbirds this summer, too, which was awesome.
– I worried about money. I could not have made it through the summer without my Mom’s help. Props to her.
– I crafted in various mediums. And I kept my apartment spotless. It was nice and will be short lived.
– I traveled my ass off. Richmond, WV, the beach, all around the Raleigh area. I think I must have put over 5,000 miles on my car this summer. Doing various photography gigs with Mikey helped get me out of the house a lot more than I would have on my own.
This has been one of my most stressful and relaxing (respectively) summers on record. Now I am back in school and busier than I was last spring. I feel like I’ve gone from 0 to 80 in no time. I’ll save that for another post.
How was your summer? What was your favorite trip/downtime activity?