I feel summer coming on. Who wouldn’t in Raleigh? It has topped 90 degrees a few times already and I’ve already been wearing skirts more than I usually tend to (I’ve been known to go whole summers just wearing jeans). As it heats up, I’m getting summer fever. Here are a few things I want to accomplish:
– Go swimming at least once a week. I moved here last summer and my apartment complex has a pool. In fact, I can walk to it in less than a minute but still I didn’t use it. Why not this summer? I can lay in the shade while the boyfriend tans, and get in some ab exercises in the pool, otherwise. It’s free. I need to use it.
– Make my own 18th century costume. It’s gross to borrow the loaners in the summer.
– Go strawberry picking. There’s a place just south of town to do it — I passed people doing it the other day. It looked awesome.
– More camping trips. I only went once last year and now that I am closer to Rachel, there’s no reason not to have several camping trips.
– Quit complaining about how hot it is. Spend less on cooling the apartment and more on getting outside. Yes, I will sweat. But seriously, I need to get over that. I will sweat less when I lose weight.
– Get a job. School will be out and I need money. Maybe in a cafe or outside somewhere?
– Spend as much time at the beach as possible. Seriously, I live two hours away. That’s a day trip.
– Be serious about losing weight. I talk about it a lot. I need to lose about 20-30 lbs and it has started affecting my health. I’ve lost about 10, but as usual, it kind of stagnates after that and I just stay at a certain weight. This has to stop. I’m still calorie counting and I do work out. However, I don’t work out regularly and always end up eating more to counteract anything I’ve just done. If you know me at all, you know that I am pretty awful at self control. It’s a process.
-Do yoga at least once a week. I can never manage to concentrate on it for more than ten minutes. Thankfully, there’s an app for that.
So far, I’ve got one camping trip, a beach trip, a lady weekend in Richmond, a Color Me Rad 5k, and several festivals and stuff planned. I’m pretty sure if I accomplish most of this, I’ll have a ridiculously awesome summer. I’m so ready.
What’s your favorite summer activity? What have you planned for the summer?