– I used a different running app yesterday that destroyed me. I’ll have a review of it up soon. In the meantime, here’s a picture of the lake from my run.
– Currently, I am in the process of signing up for the media specialist Praxis. That essentially means that I am scheduling and studying, but haven’t acquired enough money to pay for it yet. If all goes to plan, I’ll be certified in it in time to apply for library positions at schools in the fall. Who knows if this will help, but it can at least put me on some good sub lists. Ugh.
– I am also in the process of applying to go to ECU in the fall for library sciences. At this point, I am writing my statement of intent and asking (read: begging) for recommendation letters. This means two more years of classes (online, at least) and an internship (which will hopefully be paid). Imagine that. Me in school until I’m 30. It seems a bit daunting, but then I remember my dad’s academic path and it makes me feel better about it.
– Usually, I try to be an easygoing kind of gal. I try not to let work situations get the best of me. I realize that trying to micromanage will result in a bad day. However, this is the second day I’ve worked with this sub and pretty much everything she has done has grated on me. I won’t go into detail, but I am pretty glad I will be going solo tomorrow.
– The plants are well. They survived (and possibly thrived) in my absence. I have little green bean flowers that I will post later and one of my balloon plants is reproducing. I hope I can get it to make flowers this year, as that is a particular feat that I would love to enjoy again. The tomatoes are good, but I am pretty sure I am past the point where I should be re-potting them. I killed a squash with my watering can, and I can’t make a new one because my friend Amber has my seed box. My lavender is still alive, despite my best efforts to kill it like I usually do, and my cilantro is also thriving, surprisingly. I could seriously go on all day about this, so I won’t.
– I am traveled out. I’m planning on light travel/no travel for the next few weeks — until the mid-June beach trip with my parents. I love travel, obviously, but after two giant west coast trips and a weekend in Charlotte (that I still need to write about), I am a bit tired. I don’t *think* we have anything planned until then, but you never know what might pop up. I also have a group of buddies that want to do a beach or hiking day/weekend trip soon. Since the beach is only two hours away, I think I can handle it.
– I’m excited about the possibility of having money again. Since I am going to school in the Fall AND working, I will have the magic of financial aid AND income, which will raise me from the standing of “so destitute that you have to shamefully borrow money from your parents and forage in your yard” to “under the poverty line, but not sweating the bills because you got rid of cable and other amenities”. I am so damn ready.
– This post was so easy to write that I feel like I should channel it into the six other drafts I have been working on in the past week, so that’s all for now!