In honor of our upcoming trip across the sea, I’m posting this itinerary we used traveling through Oahu finding filming locations from the TV show LOST. Once I get our England/Scotland itinerary down, I’ll post it here, as well. It will be prettier, since I’ve learned a few things in the past two years.
This itinerary was adapted from the original, which you can find here. You can also trick my friend Steve into sharing his, because it was planned out a little better AND LAMINATED. Steve means business.
Also, a note with this itinerary: The original from this web site was not made for people who like to linger and take pictures. It was for people going as fast as they possibly can to squeeze all the filming locations into a three day span. Mike and I took just over a week to get almost everything. Even then, there were other activities happening (LOST 2014!), too. If you want to spend the time or have other activities, plan ahead. I suggest planning huge, important locations (the crash beach, the camp) to take up a large chunk of your time, then realize that you can’t linger at private residences. In other words, plan with more foresight than I had.
With all of that said, note that this itinerary isn’t grouped by day. It’s grouped by geography. Use your time wisely.
Also, consider going to LOSTCon in 2017! Registration is open now!
Hey, everyone. I figured I’d do a catch up (ketchup?) post to keep everyone updated. Here’s what’s been going on lately:
- Assume you’ve got 1000 photos on your phone and the threat of hard reset looms, then you only save 150 of them? You need to reevaluate your photo game…. That wasn’t me! Promise! Really!!! *backs slowly away*
- The same hard reset gave me the chance to pare down the amount of space/apps I was abusing. Which was too much.
- We’ve officially hit the only part of the year when I hate living in the South. Thankfully, we will be heading to London for the last half of August, which is the absolute hottest part of the year here. Hello, mid-70’s average.
- Holy shit, we’re going overseas. In less than three weeks. Eek!
- I got a bunch of sweet gear in the past few weeks: a new lens, a solar charger for my phone, a remote trigger for my flash, a smaller camera bag… all to prepare for this trip. Thanks to Mike. 💜
- Work is less crazy, only because I’m more organized and more assertive about how I’ve been spending my time. Oh, and I spent a week recovering from whatever virus/illness overcame me. Last week was rough, y’all.
- I’m writing this from my local tire purveyor. I got a new tire last week, then ran over a nail with said tire, THEN found out while getting an alignment that my rotors sucked. The magic of my job is that I can work from my phone. Hooray!
- I feel like one of those workaholic jerks that only talks about their job, so I’m going to try to stop that. 💜
- Running has kind of taken a backseat, lately. That happens. I’m working on it. The heat index (107) makes it a bit harder.
- I’ve been dreaming up ideas for a new 17th century dress. Simplicity came out with an Outlander specific pattern that I’ve been lusting after. I just need to bite the bullet and make the corset.
- Speaking of Outlander, my friend Kelley is spearheading a new site called OutlanderClan.com. I’m lucky that she asked me to help her with it. Check it out!
What are you into lately? Travel? Work? How do you escape summer heat? Let me know you’re still reading in the comments!